PRINT THIS PAGE AND USE IT WHEN SHOPPING. FEEL FREE TO CALL ANYTIME.
IF I AM SETTING UP YOUR NEW COMPUTER, CALL ME BEFORE PURCHASING ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE COMPUTER.
i.e.: Office, Anti-virus or the extended warrantee.
If you are considering the purchase of a new computer, please see the free advice below. Last holiday season computer buyers, who spoke to me prior to and/or during the purchase process, saved an average of $250.
Decide if you want a Desktop, a Laptop, or an All-in-One (AiO). Then letís go shopping.
When shopping for a Windows Desktop, Laptop or AiO PC use the following guidelines:
1. Processor: Do not buy an Intel Celeron or an AMD Sempron Processor
(Pentium: Not recommended, a little slower)
2. Hard Drive: Minimum 500 GB hard drive.
(SSD absolute minimum size for users that store nothing is 128 GB, 512 strongly recommended)
3. Memory: 8 GB of RAM memory is strongly recommended. More than 8 GB if within budget
4. Brands: I recommend HP, Dell & Lenovo. (Recently added due to better experiences)
No Acer, Asus.
5. Where to shop: Office Depot. Samís Club/Costco if you are a member & need no assistance. (Not crazy about Best Buy due to their return policy) Amazon adds parts to 2-year old unopened computers. They are considered new. No factory warrantee.6. Laptop buyers: Touch it & like the feel of the keys on the floor model, like the screen size. If you want a web cam or CD/DVD drive, confirm they are included
7. Cost: Do not pay more than $600 for a laptop/AiO or $500 for a desktop unless you desire upgraded features: (Touch screen, top speed processor, large amount of memory)
Look for sale items and call the Wizard with questions.
8. Remember, Chromebooks, iPads & MacBooks devices are NOT fully functional computers. They are more like tablets with a keyboard than a computer. They only run software provided by the manufacturer of the device. Do not be misled. Call with questions.
Check local and/or Internet ads and
feel free to call with questions. Call while
Check local and/or Internet ads and feel free to call with questions. Call while shopping!
The Wizard makes Windows 10 as easy to use as your old computer!
Please feel free to call anytime with questions, even when a salesperson is trying to sell you something different from the above guidelines.
Tim The Computer Wizard